I think that God sits around just laughing at us. Now obviously, He's rather busy listening to prayers and intervening in people's lives, but I think He probably just has to laugh at the things that we, as humans with narrow minds, do.
I started thinking about this the other day when I was praying for Cade's future wife. If he follows in his daddy's footsteps (which he may or may not, and that's ok), he'll marry a girl 3 years older than he is. Which means that currently, she would have just turned 4. It might be kind of weird to think about it like that, but that's what I'm saying. When Ryan was almost 1 and I had just turned 4, God already knew that He planned for us to get married. And so I think that sometimes, when Ryan was eating everything his mother put in front of him, and I was being the pickiest eater on the planet, God had to just sit and get tickled at what was to come. And when Ryan was being stubborn and refusing to give in to what his sisters and/or mom wanted, he was being prepared for a wife who needed him to be more stubborn than her (even if she doesn't really like it :). Again, God must have thought that was pretty funny.
It's kind of like when you know about a surprise before the person who the surprise is for knows. Like when my sister-in-law's boyfriend was going to propose. I knew about it several weeks in advance and was so excited for her, but she had no idea. Just waiting to hear about her reaction was so fun. And I think God is like that, too. He knows about ALL of the things that are in store for us. He planned them. And I'd like to think He gets excited when the things that He's planned for us happen and He gets to see our reaction. He obviously already knows what our reaction will be (just like I knew my sister-in-law was going to say "yes"), but actually seeing the reaction is different.
So when something awesome happens to you, just remember to thank God. And maybe smile at Him. Because I think He'd appreciate you acknowledging His hard work. And when something not-so-great happens, remember that God knew about it ahead of time, too. And it's all part of a bigger plan. A plan that you will probably get to laugh about once you have gotten through it. And one day, when we get to heaven we'll get to laugh WITH Him about it.
Of course, you only get to do that if you're a Christian (which I highly recommend). If you're not already, please check out http://mostimportantthing.com/. If you know my name, you can search for my testimony. If not, the whole website is full of Christians sharing how knowing Jesus changed their lives.
Hello out there!
9 years ago
I feel the same way about God putting me and Russell together. So funny at times. ;) Good post about His timing and plans.
ReplyDelete