Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow, snow, and, you guessed it, more snow!

Wow! What an amazing week and a half it's been! I have never seen so much snow in my life! I don't know the exact amount, but since last Tuesday, we've gotten AT LEAST 30 inches of snow! Um, that's a lot. And it's not going away very fast, either.

It's been pretty entertaining around our house, though. Last week, Ryan stayed home with us 3 days, which Cade and I always enjoy. So while Daddy was home, Cade got to go out and play in the snow a little bit (Mommy even went out one day). He loves it! He walked right up to the giant snow drift on our front porch and kept going! It was pretty funny when he sunk down into it and looked back at us like, um, help? :) When he's playing in the snow, he says "touch" a lot, and when we're inside, he looks out at it and says "snow" about a million times a day. Except for his "snow" sounds more like "no" but cuter than when he's actually saying "no." I'm pretty sure he would stay outside and play in it for hours if we'd let him, but it's just been way too cold for that.

Normally, I like to be able to get out and go do stuff during the day, but I've kind of enjoyed this time at home. Cade is at such a fun age right now, and sometimes I feel like I miss out on stuff because we're hanging out with friends or just out running errands. Now don't get me wrong, it's nice to get out of the house, but he's been in (mostly) a good mood during this time and he's just hilarious! He also knows how to play by himself, so I'm not his sole source of entertainment when it's just the two of us.

We're working on transitioning his room into a completely toddler-proof area that he can be in by himself to play. It's mostly done right now...just a few things to take care of...all things that he can damage more so than they can damage him :) And he seems to enjoy playing in there, so that's good. Now when we add a baby into the mix and Mommy can't play with him because she's busy with her...that might be another story. But we'll get there soon enough.

Oh! And in other news, we may have a name! (Which is probably mean to announce because you already know we're not sharing it until she's born, but tough :) We had semi-agreed on a name a while back, but then I started having second thoughts about it. I have had another name that I like a lot that Ryan has not been sold on, but he's coming around (this is what happened last time, too :)

I'm 26 weeks and 2 days today, which means that she will be here in less than 13 weeks! At my next appointment, we will possibly schedule my c-section, and then we'll have a date for sure!! It's getting a little bit more real...

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT believe how soon she'll be here! I can't wait to meet the newest Miss Breedlove!

    ReplyDelete