Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Birthdays

One week ago, Cade turned 3. Today, Ava is 1. In between, we had a birthday party for both of them with the fam. I don't know how many years it will be "cool" to share a birthday party with your little sis, but Cade was delighted to this year.

I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed that afternoon. We've had 3 birthday parties for Cade and 1 for Ava in this house. Little tiny baby girl will not (if all goes according to plan...ha!) have any of her birthday parties here, and Cade and Ava won't have any more, either. The "plan" is for us to be in a new, bigger house by the time little tiny baby girl gets here. Obviously, several things have to happen first, so we'll see how it all actually plays out. And I'm excited for the possibility for our growing family to have more room, but this house holds so many memories...it's going to be hard to let go. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Girlfriend is one today, and I've been pregnant for almost half of her life. Good grief. No wonder I feel like it went so fast...I was tired, nauseous, and in shock for most of it :)

Happy birthday to my baby girl. And happy late birthday to my baby boy, who's not such a baby anymore. I love you both more than I can say.

1 comment: