I was privileged to get to be a part of my dear friend Erin's baby shower this weekend. She's expecting her first, Emery Mae, on (or before :) March 12. Planning and organizing has been going on for months, it seems like, and I'm glad our efforts paid off!
We had a great group show up for the shower and (I think) everyone enjoyed themselves. Erin and Emery got lots of wonderful gifts, and I hope that all of the gifts that have been showered on them in the last few weeks have helped to ease (at least some of) the stress of having a baby. Erin has watched most of her close friends go through this process in the past few years and now it's her turn! Hopefully she's seen all of our mistakes and won't make the same ones! :)
I didn't get a chance to write in the "advice" book yesterday, so here's what I would have written...
Erin, I love you! (I'm getting all teary-eyed writing this and I'm not even pregnant!!) I hope you can relax and enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant. I know you know you much you (and that sweet little thing in your belly) are loved, but don't forget it. Also, don't forget that this is your baby (ok, and Russell's) to raise. So you do what you feel is right, but don't hesitate to ask any of us ANYTHING. And then decide whether that advice works for you, or doesn't. I promise we won't make fun of you, because chances are, we had to ask somebody else the same question already :)
And it's ok to cry because you don't know why your baby is crying. Sometimes, that's the only thing there is to do. But crying (and even hysterical screaming) hasn't hurt Cade, and chances are good that it won't hurt Emery, either.
PS Cade said he'd be glad to come over and give her a hug and a kiss to calm her down if you can't handle it. ;)
Hello out there!
9 years ago
GIRL! You made me cry!!! Thank you so much for this sweet post. I have the best friends ever. For reals. I am going to print this off and add it to my 'advice' book. You guys did SUCH a great job on the shower, and I had so much fun. Thank you thank you! :) Love you too!!!
ReplyDelete