Wow! A lot has happened in the past few weeks! Which would be why I haven't been posting on here. So, the highlights:
*My in-laws came to stay with us one weekend. Cade had a lot of fun with them (and Ryan and I got a little tiny bit of time with no Cade) and I'm pretty sure they may have had more fun than he did :)
*Ryan got sick. This is so out of the ordinary, it's not even funny. He hasn't even been to the doctor since I've known him (other than to get a physical for college). Even more shocking than that, he missed a day of work. Which actually worked out nicely because...
*Cade got sick. He fought a cough for 2 weeks (during which time I took him to the doctor and there wasn't anything she could do), and then the cough got worse and he got a fever. It made it up to 102, which is the highest this mama has had to deal with. Back to the doctor we went, and she decided his cough had turned into a sinus infection. So we've been doing amoxicillin twice a day for over a week. At least he likes to take it!
*My next door neighbor had her baby! He was three weeks early, but you sure couldn't tell by looking at him! I can't wait to actually get to see him...as soon as my child is 100% better (and we're almost there!), we'll go visit!
*One of my best friends had her baby! In the span of 2 days, I was woken up twice by middle-of-the-night texts about babies...those are way better than the other kind of texts you get in the middle of the night :) I went to see her the day she was born and she's absolutely beautiful! And I get to see her again today! Yay!
*We had someone come to our church in view of a call to be our new minister of music (they changed the name to something like minister of music and the arts...whatever. Music minister :). And apparently we all liked him. Only 2 people voted no. That could be a record at a Baptist church. :) I'm super-excited about this. They have a little boy who's about 2 1/2 months older than Cade. Poor Cade is always surrounded by girls (not that I think he really minds), so now he'll have a boy buddy! And it's looking like his parents are going to fit in perfectly! Such an answer to prayer!
*Cade is crawling all over the place. He's getting super-fast. He has also started to pull up more on things. Just waiting for the day that I go in to get him out of bed and he's standing there looking at me... :)
*I'm still nursing, but we've started the weaning process. We've dropped one feeding and that went really smoothly. Even though I dropped his bedtime feeding, he's done well so far. We'll see how smoothly it goes when the time comes to drop the morning feeding...
*I know there have been other things going on, but those are the ones I can think of right now. :)
Hello out there!
9 years ago
You guys HAVE been busy! Glad you got to come see us the other day!! Emery said she is looking forward to meeting Cade very much. ;)
ReplyDelete