Monday, April 5, 2010

Babies everywhere! (and they're GIRLS!)

Last Thursday, another one of my friends had a baby. (And yes, it was on April Fool's Day, and yes, it was actually planned that way :) I went up to the hospital to see them a few hours after she was born. I. Love. Her.

Now, this is the second close friend who has had a baby girl recently. And generally speaking, I'm completely biased against girls. I mean, yeah, they're cute and all, blah, blah, blah. But I have a BOY. And I love him. And there's just nothing like him (well, until I have another one of my own, I suppose :). And I have no need to dress him up or put bows in his hair or really, do anything extra to him (although he did look fantastically adorable yesterday in his Easter outfit, which is the most dressed up he's EVER been). He's just cute. And being a rather low-maintenance kind of person myself, I appreciate that. A lot. Little baby girls intimidate the crap out of me. They wear dresses. They wear bows. They wear headbands. They wear tights. They need their hair fixed. I'm getting worn out just thinking about all of the things that little girls involve. (Did I mention that I love boys?)

However.

These 2 baby girls just might change my mind.

I had always planned to have a boy first, then a girl, and past that, I didn't really care. After I had Cade, I decided that all boys would be absolutely fantastic, thank you very much. And that's pretty much been my mindset for the past 11 months. I've informed God of this. Almost on a daily basis. So I think He knows my feelings on the matter.

But.

I love these 2 baby girls.

So maybe it wouldn't be tooooooo bad to have a little girl. Someday. After I watch how my friends manage it :)

3 comments:

  1. You would be a great Mommy to a little girl! Plus, Cade needs someone to throw worms at and splash with mud puddles. ;) You can practice on my little gal any time. She loves her mother-in-law already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog- hilarious! Can't wait to keep reading! Dresses, bows, headband and tights, I'd take it all! It's boys that make me nervous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weren't you kinda a girly girl in your younger days or am I remembering a different Jenny Wyble??? :)

    ReplyDelete