We're working on potty-training. Not hard-core potty-training, but slightly more serious than before. We're trying to put him on the potty when he first gets up in the morning and before bed, and any time in between when he mentions that he might be interested. And also if I think he's about to poop :)
So far, we've had probably 10-15 times that he's gone peepee on the potty. (Yay!) We've actually had one time that he went poopoo on the potty (side note: you probably don't want to continue reading this if you're not a mom :). It was after he had been constipated for a few days and I'd started feeding him fiber like crazy, so it was kind of a one-time deal that none of us really care to repeat.
Here are a few conversations we've had lately:
Cade: 'Anna go to Tar-get.
Mommy: OK, go poopoo on the potty and we can go to Target.
Cade: No. 'Anna go to Tar-get.
Mommy: You have to go poopoo on the potty first.
Cade: No. 'Anna go to Tar-get.
...And nothing.
Cade: I 'ant ice screen.
Mommy: OK, go poopoo on the potty and you can have ice cream.
Cade: I 'ant ice screen, cu-cake, choc-wat.
Mommy: OK, you can have ice cream, a cupcake, and chocolate if you go poopoo on the potty.
Cade: I 'ant ice screen, cu-cake, choc-wat, frogs [this is what he calls Nerds...they look like frogs jumping on the package...go look! :)].
Mommy: OK, you can have ice cream, a cupcake, chocolate, and frogs if you go poopoo on the potty.
....And nothing.
It's hysterical. All day long, this is what we do...he mentions something that he wants and I tell him he can have it if he'll go poopoo on the potty. Some other things that have been promised (but none have happened yet!) include: going to the zoo, riding in Daddy's car, going to eat lunch with Daddy, riding in the van, and once I may have told him he could have a million dollars. Good thing he doesn't know what that is. But we're probably going to be in trouble when he randomly decides to actually do it :)
Hello out there!
9 years ago
This made me laugh out loud. ;)
ReplyDeleteSo funny!! Stickers have magical powers in the potty-training world, we found. :)
ReplyDelete